Your cart is empty.
Intro to Touring
Intro to Ski Touring & Split Boarding Course will teach you to avoid another day stuck in long lift lines, paying for expensive tickets and no fresh tracks. We understand why you want and need these new skills because, years ago we too felt the pull of the mountains and powder stashes beyond the boundaries of resorts. You will learn the basics of skinning technique, care and use of skins, transceiver check (group/independent), kick turns, terrain management uphill & downhill, simple & in depth transceiver search, and how to find beautiful uncrowded terrain away from the resorts!
Intro to Touring - 2019:
- Evening Lectures 7:30 @ Ascent Outdoors: Dec 19 // Field Days: Dec 21-22, 2019
Intro to Touring - 2020:
- Evening Lectures 7:30 @ Ascent Outdoors: Jan 16 // Field Days: Jan 18-19, 2020
- Evening Lectures 7:30 @ Ascent Outdoors: Feb 12 // Field Days: Feb 15-16, 2020
- (Women’s) Evening Lectures 7:30 @ Amer Sports: Jan 30 // Field Days: Feb 1-2, 2020
- Evening Lectures 7:30 @ Ascent Outdoors: March 11 // Field Days: Mar 14-15, 2020
- Duration: 3 Days
- Level: Beginner
- Client Ratio: 5:1
- $325; $350 with Snoqualmie Pass Guidebook and Tour Map
- With AIARE Level 1 – $595
- 1 Day – $200
- Included: 1 evening lecture and field instruction and fresh tracks! (@$350-Snoqualmie Pass Guide Book & Map.)
- Not Included: Transportation to field location, transceivers, shovels, probes or touring equipment. A detailed equipment list will be sent to all participants.
Intro to Touring - December 19, 21, 22Modifier$ 325.00
Intro to Touring - January 16, 18, 19Modifier$ 325.00
Intro to Touring (Women's) - January 30, February 1, 2Modifier$ 325.00
Intro to Touring - February 12, 15, 16Modifier$ 325.00
Intro to Touring - March 11, 14, 15Modifier$ 325.00