Your cart is empty.
Intro to Touring
Intro to Ski Touring & Split Boarding Course will teach you to avoid another day stuck in long lift lines, paying for expensive tickets and no fresh tracks. We understand why you want and need these new skills because, years ago we too felt the pull of the mountains and powder stashes beyond the boundaries of resorts. You will learn the basics of skinning technique, care and use of skins, transceiver check (group/independent), kick turns, terrain management uphill & downhill, simple & in depth transceiver search, and how to find beautiful uncrowded terrain away from the resorts!
- Evening Lectures 7:30 @ Ascent Outdoors: Jan 13 // Field Days: Jan 16-17
- Evening Lectures 7:30 @ Ascent Outdoors: Jan 27 // Field Days: Jan 30-31
- (Women’s) Evening Lectures 7:30 @ TBD
- Evening Lectures 7:30 @ Ascent Outdoors: Feb 24 // Field Days: Feb 27-28
- Duration: 3 Days
- Level: Beginner
- Client Ratio: 5:1
- With AIARE Level 1 – $635
- 1 Day – $200
- Included: 1 evening lecture and field instruction and fresh tracks!
- Not Included: Transportation to field location, transceivers, shovels, probes or touring equipment. A detailed equipment list will be sent to all participants.
Intro to Touring - January 27, 30-31$ 350.00